Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules / judge questions... Ask here

Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky3 View Post
    so a shafty class body dimensions are different than a pro class body dimension?
    yes that was my interpretation of it. The pro rigs can have 8" bodies but the shafty's still need the 12.5"
    Don't forget to have fun!
    TEAM WCRCC

WCRCC Founding Member Crawl it Slow!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
    yes that was my interpretation of it. The pro rigs can have 8" bodies but the shafty's still need the 12.5"

they wanted to keep the 2.2s at 12.5 for nostalgia i dont agree but thats what was voted on
    Team axial, Chaotic crawlers, BROOD Motors, Hardknockz custom paint, Off Road Jerky.com,
    West Coast RC Crawlers.com

J.E.Reel Drivelines (1:1 Jeeps, yota etc.)

2012 ECC Super champ TTC #2 CHAMP
    2011 Nationals 6th overall (5th in 1.9, 11th in 2.2) ~ 2011 So.Cal Regonials 2nd in 1.9 ~ 2011 socal series 1st in 1.9
    2010 Nationals 14th overall ~ 2010 So.Cal Regionals 1st in 1.9 ~ 2010 Socal series 3rd in 2.2

WCRCC Founding Member Crawl it Slow!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

they wanted to keep the 2.2s at 12.5 for nostalgia i dont agree but thats what was voted on
    Team axial, Chaotic crawlers, BROOD Motors, Hardknockz custom paint, Off Road Jerky.com,
    West Coast RC Crawlers.com

J.E.Reel Drivelines (1:1 Jeeps, yota etc.)

2012 ECC Super champ TTC #2 CHAMP
    2011 Nationals 6th overall (5th in 1.9, 11th in 2.2) ~ 2011 So.Cal Regonials 2nd in 1.9 ~ 2011 socal series 1st in 1.9
    2010 Nationals 14th overall ~ 2010 So.Cal Regionals 1st in 1.9 ~ 2010 Socal series 3rd in 2.2

Personally I like it that way. You can't tell a 2.2Pro from a 2.2Shafty except up close. Having different body req'ts helps define the different classes. And we get to use more fancy paint.

BTW, I just read Rich's post of the 2013 rules. I love the way they wrote that. 2.2P MUST BE 8" LONG. 8.1" and you guys are toast.
    Last edited by WAM; 02-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Rules / judge questions... Ask here

Did anyone cut their body up yet?
    TEAM WCRCC

Did anyone cut their body up yet?
    Ummm Heck yaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rcboxer View Post
    Ummm Heck yaaa
    A VER..... (rolling your tounge on the r) thats like "lets see" in es-spanole.for you minorites.
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

I hope to have new bodies by the Shootout....I don't have the cost yet....let me know if you want one.

RCP would like to sponsor a course @ the Shootout ...never heard back from JD.

Progress Rule

The rules call for progress plus penalty for two tires "though the gate". Saturday I interpreted/judged that as through the gate cleanly. But others (including Nabil) said no, the two tires are allowed to hit the inside half of the markers and still be through the gate.

The written rules don't help with that one way or the other. So I'd like Club Prez or VP to just say "here's how we want this called for our events." Doesn't matter as long as we're all the same.

I alway thought tire had to be on inside of gate marker. (not on gate) .

Quote Originally Posted by WAM View Post
    The rules call for progress plus penalty for two tires "though the gate". Saturday I interpreted/judged that as through the gate cleanly. But others (including Nabil) said no, the two tires are allowed to hit the inside half of the markers and still be through the gate.

The written rules don't help with that one way or the other. So I'd like Club Prez or VP to just say "here's how we want this called for our events." Doesn't matter as long as we're all the same.

Again this is another one of those "grey" areas. Technically we do like to see guys get all their tire through the inside of the gate however more times than not the gate will get hit and therefore moved or fall completely. In that situation is is almost impossible to tell if the entire tire made it BETWEEN the gate. Personally I prefer the method of circling the gates with chalk as opposed to dots or x's underneath as you can never really place it back exactly in the same place. With the circle method it not only allows you to put it back in the exact spot but will also allow a judge to see if the tire made it INSIDE of the gate mark should it fall or move. Honestly Bill its a judgement call of the judge but if you asked me I would like to see the tire go inside without touching the gate but may allow progress even if the inside of the gate is touched. I have seen some gates where it is almost impossible to do without touching and so we have allowed driving over the gate for progression just so the rest of the course can be attempted.
    TEAM WCRCC

I agree Jim & this is one of the issues up in the USRCC Rule Committee review section. There are those that are arguing that if you "straddle" the gate...you must do so cleanly meaning your INSIDE tires may NOT TOUCH THE GATE for a progress penalty. If you clearly "straddled" the gate but your rear INSIDE tire clips that gate...the call SHOULD be GATE NO PROGRESS. This is how it's currently being treated in the USRCCA.

JD
    Quote Originally Posted by big dude View Post
    That after smell of fish on your lips is like no other.

Team Wicked Monkey Designs
    Team Crawler Innovations
    Team Vanquish Products
    Team Chaotic Crawlers
    Team Holmes Hobbies
    Team 5th Dimension
    Team Super Shafty
    Team Ottsix

Quote Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
    If you clearly "straddled" the gate but your rear INSIDE tire clips that gate...the call SHOULD be GATE NO PROGRESS. This is how it's currently being treated in the USRCCA.

JD
    That was the situation, and that was the call I made. But virtually everyone around argued against it and said they never make that call when judging. Including experienced national level drivers. Thought it was worth a post.

Quote Originally Posted by WAM View Post
    That was the situation, and that was the call I made. But virtually everyone around argued against it and said they never make that call when judging. Including experienced national level drivers. Thought it was worth a post.
    Then they'll have a surprise when they hit a USRCCA event & get that exact call.

Fact of the matter is...the rules can be confusing at best. ESPECIALLY with all of the recent changes going on. As a judge...we can only do our best. If you make a call that you believe is the right call & you're getting an argument from ANYONE...stop time & call over a marshal (at a major event where marshals are available) or myself, Jim, Rich etc. at the local level. I've been trying hard to stay well versed on the current USRCCA rules for this very reason.

At the end of the day...the judges call is the judges call as long as it falls within the realm of the current rules.

JD
    Quote Originally Posted by big dude View Post
    That after smell of fish on your lips is like no other.

Team Wicked Monkey Designs
    Team Crawler Innovations
    Team Vanquish Products
    Team Chaotic Crawlers
    Team Holmes Hobbies
    Team 5th Dimension
    Team Super Shafty
    Team Ottsix

Contrary to popular belief I'm not really a good guy to ask about rules. Tapped-out would be a far better choice than myself.
    TEAM WCRCC

Thread Information