Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Family addition

WCRCC Staff Volunteer
    That's a cool took for airing down your tires, I've had a couple valve core mishaps before. That is one "BFH" in your took bag.....

Can you remount that tank strap up a bit higher or does your mount have a fixed hole for it to go through? Im sure its pretty secure as is but I fear in extreme situations the tank could flop. Or is it possible to maybe put a second strap up higher? You wont regret buying that style valve core remover...trust me.
    Don't forget to have fun!
    TEAM WCRCC

that tank mount has a base so moving it up higher is not an option. the mount is held in place with 4, 3/8 bolts and locknuts and that strap is pretty snug

just ordered one of them there tire deflator duehickies, hopfully it gets here on time ,if not gonna have to mooch off one of ya'll....again.
    airing up is going to be another thing ,don't have an air tank set up yet,...workin on it though, just won't have it by this weekends run,once again gonna have to mooch off one ya'll, hope ya'll don't mind,
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

I don't mind, Jim has helped me so it just trickles on down

Okay .....now i'm getting excited for sunday !!!
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL

We gotchu!

8am @ Milpas and Hwy 18. Bring a lunch for when we get to the top of White Mountain.

Oh and if you can borrow a VHF radio for the weekend grab one of those too.
    TEAM WCRCC

vhf radio ? ...yeah everyone around here has one to loan out,i should have my cb radio hooked by then if that makes any differance.

vhf ? you going high tech or what ?
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL

go buy this now and you will have it then you can communicate with your CB or VHF radio no matter who you Jeep with http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baofeng-Blac...item5b08195ccc

those are cool, what is the range of something like that?
    Team Area 51 (WCRCC) XR-10 Y-Town Scraper (2.2P)
    Team Flying Ti-GERS (U4RC) Billy's Flyin' Wraith (2.2C), Rag-Doll Suspension Werks SCX-10 (1.9T)
    2013 TTC 3rd Place (Honcho)
    2013 Ashley Cup Winner (Honcho)
    2013 U4RC Summer Series 2nd Place (Billy's Flyin' Wraith (2.2C))
    2013-14 U4RC Winter Series 3rd Place in 2 Classes (Billy's Flyin' Wraith (2.2C), Rag-Doll Suspension Werks SCX-10 (1.9T))

Quote Originally Posted by Rcjunky3 View Post
    go buy this now and you will have it then you can communicate with your CB or VHF radio no matter who you Jeep with http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baofeng-Blac...item5b08195ccc
    just bought it, hopfully it gets here by the weekend, (doubt it though).

thanks on that tid bit of info.
    Last edited by big dude; 05-19-2015 at 06:03 AM.
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL

Got my air-down thingy duhickie today, good to air down sunday, airing up will be another story.

Radio should be here tommorrow, at the latest friday, i'm hopeing anyway, or i'll just have to stick my head out the winder and yell at ya'll
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL

well i had a little episode at the end of a looooooong trail run. the c-clip came off my u-joint on the driver side front axle and consequently the cap came out and let the yoke bang around inside the axle flange. it ended up destroying my ABS tone ring, ABS sensor and banged around the flange on the outer axle stub. one of the parts I knew way early on that i wanted to replace at some point was the front axle shafts. it seems they were for whatever reason ignored on the upgrade list from the builder so now was my chance to upgrade to the G2 tork series 4340 chromoly axle shafts with spicer 5-760x heavy duty u-joints. one of the things i really like about this setup is that there is no longer a c-clip to rely upon to hold in the u-joint cups. the inside of the flanges are machined out to accept snap rings and the concern about a c-clip just popping out when your in the middle of nowhere are no longer something to worry about.

while i had it all apart i also decided to install some ten factory outer axle dust shields

something else i have been working on is the addition of some LED lighting and Jim passed along some info to this bitchen 50" bar from amazon for about $70. mounted up using some JCR roof brackets. i will be adding more LED's in the future shining off the back and a few more up front off the bumper

that light bar is going to be stolen. get some locking sets of screws or weld that B on there.

If you haven't had a bright light above your head before, put something bright up on the grill. You will not see holes or the back side of whoops with only a bright light on top

Good stuff man. Now lets get back on the trail. White Mountain is call us!
    TEAM WCRCC

Quote Originally Posted by z50king View Post
    that light bar is going to be stolen. get some locking sets of screws or weld that B on there.

If you haven't had a bright light above your head before, put something bright up on the grill. You will not see holes or the back side of whoops with only a bright light on top
    i have been looking for some tamper proof button heads but i can only find them in large quantities. the 4 holding the brackets to my drip rails are american thread and the 2 going into the light itself are metric and 35mm long. i currently have the 2 Hella lights up on the front bumper but plan on switching out to some LED's

Quote Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
    Good stuff man. Now lets get back on the trail. White Mountain is call us!
    yeah i enjoy the white mountain trail and so does the family

installed the new Smittybilt XRC front bumper over the last several days, thanks to my awesome wife for a great birthday present

also now working on a bunch of service/maintenance work we have had the Cherokee for a little over a year and it has provided some great family time and also some great trail time with friends. apparently the pinion seal on the rear diff started leaking which we now believe was due to the nut holding the yoke in place was a little bit loose. so if im gonna replace the rear then im also gonna do the front. pulled both diff covers to inspect, clean and low and behold i have different gear ratios front and rear, imagine that ? installed some Lube Locker gaskets and refilled with some Royal Purple 75w-140 synthetic and oh cant forget the new pinion nut. also gonna replace all 6 u-joints in the driveline as long as they are out with some new Spicers. picked up a new Fram oil filter and 6 qts of Rotella T 15w-40 oil to keep the engine happy. while its on the rack we are also replacing the ball joints. more than likely a trans service and transfer case service are on the list as well 147,000 miles

WCRCC Staff Volunteer Slowroller's Avatar
    Looks great bro and happy birthday.

Thread Information