Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westcoastrccrawlers 2013 Finals at Sharks Mouth 5-4-2013

OK ALL RIGS READY TO GO , 2.2PRO,. MINI(half a yawn), 2.2 shafty (full triple yawn),and if anyone has a real mans rig THE SUPER !
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

What's a super????

Super? Isn't that a food market in san Bernardino lol
    winners never quit and quitters never win

SUPER for Super Expensive!

Those rigs are spectacular to watch, saw one take a 30 foot tumble at the shootout, and pretty much drive out of a hole it landed in...amazing.

This will be the rig i will build, after i get a real 1:1 crawler (Jeep XJ/$1500 used).....5 year plan....lol

:
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiekfx View Post
    Super? Isn't that a food market in san Bernardino lol

hahahaha !
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

I'm exited to see u guys sweat in the morning

it's gonna be SUPER.........

super it was Matt thats for sure. what an awesome day, not to hot a little breeze in the afternoon, another new location, great courses and a great raffle table. congrats to D-wray for being the big winner of the Axial exo kit, Castle creations esc and motor combo, lipo packs and servo. oh yeah and i got to pick up a set of those cool titanium shafts for the Axial transmissions from Don. thanks everybody for supporting the club all season and coming out to our events we couldnt do it if it wasnt for all you folks, competitors, spectators or just plain old hanging out with the club its all very much appreciated

it was cool seeing those rigs in action there bad a$$

Man I cant believe how much longer it took to get all the courses done just by having bigger groups. I think my group had 7-8 guys and I saw another large group as well. I know Joel and Bryce teamed up and went to empty courses and were done by the lunch break but it took our group a couple more hours. I feel if we do want to have separate 2.2s courses next season we will need to set them up in the morning and run simultaneously as opposed to waiting until the end of the day. I guess once sign ups are done we can get a total head count and announce what the approximate group sizes should be so everyone will know to split up in the correct size to make the day run smoother. In any case I had a blast running with all the guys in my group and knew we had the day light so l didnt stress. It just seemed like a really long day.
    Don't forget to have fun!
    TEAM WCRCC

WCRCC Staff Volunteer Slowroller's Avatar
    My feeling is the comps are once a month and I don't want to rush through'em. I have a good time hanging out, catching up and playing.
    If it was something I hated I would say let's get it done and get out of there but for me I like the long days.
    My two cents.

I concur with Jim..........(but then again I have a bad back) If we get it done in a timely fashion those who want to hang out can, those that have birthdays, anniversaries,work around the house,hot dates or have to take a nap have time to do so .I know for a fact that this hobby has lost some people because of the time it take at comps. Personally I would like to have the option !
    Last edited by mjyjxj; 05-06-2013 at 09:01 AM.

I will have an idea posted tonight in a separate thread

Day went great for me... Really isn't a fix for it Jim unless you assign groups.. guy don't want that is the feeling I've gotten over the yrs. A lot of guys were done early I believe.
    Plus our group did break up after 2nd course. Remember we started late what time do you think we started 1st course 10:am?
    Last edited by Tapped-out; 05-06-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Three of us formed a mini-group and just floated to the emptiest course. I suspect that works the best but still meets the 3-man rule. The large groups seem to hold too many people in one place for too long. Courses 1 and 2 were empty most of the am.

Quote Originally Posted by mjyjxj View Post
    I concur with Jim..........(but then again I have a bad back) If we get it done in a timely fashion those who want to hang out can, those that have birthdays, anniversaries,work around the house,hot dates or have to take a nap have time to do so .I know for a fact that this hobby has lost some people because of the time it take at comps. Personally I would like to have the option !

You do have options.. if you have a hot date or something ask the guys if you can cut in... If you're not doing this @ all the comps. Guys would let you cut in so you can hurry up a leave..

IMHO.... The best way is just like @ WCS. Courses will be closed @ said time. If you plan on running 2 classes plan on spending more time on the rocks.

WCRCC Staff Volunteer Slowroller's Avatar
    Or if you want to finish earlier just jump in with one of the smaller groups.... Wow did I just fix the problem!

You're the man Joe...

I had a blast & probably safe to say...the longest drive. Yes...I said DRIVE not SLEEP. Fuggin Steve.

I digress...The options are ALWAYS there on the local level. Cut, run with a smaller group, etc. I for one ran with the group that I did because I haven't ran with those guys for awhile & wanted to hang out. Was it a long day? Hell yeah but a long day crawlin is a GREAT day in this fellas book. Yessiree Bob!!!

J.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by big dude View Post
    That after smell of fish on your lips is like no other.

Team Wicked Monkey Designs
    Team Crawler Innovations
    Team Vanquish Products
    Team Chaotic Crawlers
    Team Holmes Hobbies
    Team 5th Dimension
    Team Super Shafty
    Team Ottsix

Imagine if we grouped up like that at a big comp. I honestly feel like our crew would be unstoppable. It's probably why byb guys have been placing well recently. Just look what it did for JD!
    Don't forget to have fun!
    TEAM WCRCC

Thread Information