Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wcrcc summer comp 8-4-12

Matt and I laid out some of the rock race course today. I did 1/4 lap and broke but I was smiling the whole time. Cant wait for saturday. Remember we will be running 1.9 comp rigs and scalers, 2.2 pro, sporty and 2.2s as well as the Wraiths and 2.2 scale rigs. What ever type of rig you have, come on out and play with us. Dont forget your lights for an epic high desert summer night scale too!
    Don't forget to have fun!
    TEAM WCRCC

I plan on showing...if nothing else, to drop off a lid or 2. Healths been poop lately so it just depends on how I feel as to whether or not I hang for the evening.

J.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by big dude View Post
    That after smell of fish on your lips is like no other.

Team Wicked Monkey Designs
    Team Crawler Innovations
    Team Vanquish Products
    Team Chaotic Crawlers
    Team Holmes Hobbies
    Team 5th Dimension
    Team Super Shafty
    Team Ottsix

WCRCC Founding Member Crawl it Slow!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
    I plan on showing...if nothing else, to drop off a lid or 2. Healths been poop lately so it just depends on how I feel as to whether or not I hang for the evening.

J.D.
    i will bring a MONSTER for ya buddy get will get ya going
    Team axial, Chaotic crawlers, BROOD Motors, Hardknockz custom paint, Off Road Jerky.com,
    West Coast RC Crawlers.com

J.E.Reel Drivelines (1:1 Jeeps, yota etc.)

2012 ECC Super champ TTC #2 CHAMP
    2011 Nationals 6th overall (5th in 1.9, 11th in 2.2) ~ 2011 So.Cal Regonials 2nd in 1.9 ~ 2011 socal series 1st in 1.9
    2010 Nationals 14th overall ~ 2010 So.Cal Regionals 1st in 1.9 ~ 2010 Socal series 3rd in 2.2

We better see you there JD.... I REALLY miss you.

Comp course,rock race, scale crawling can't ask for more.
    Rockrace is gonna be a blast. I think we have a fun RR course planed for sat.

seems like its been forever,..............i for one cant wait.
    this time off crap has gotten to me and I can't take much longer (thanks Matt,you and your stupid fucken ideas),"OH GOTTA TAKE SOME TIME OFF , SPEND TIME WITH THE FAMILY BLA BLA BLA" YOU SUCK MATT WHERES OUR SUMMER SERIES COMPS HMMM ?
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

See you sat. Buddy

100 Post Club
    Have fun guys. I won't be able to make it. Been tryin to get parts together for the wraith. And they never showed up. (I hate USPS). Make sure to take a bunch if pics. But I will be seein yall at the club meeting.

I wanna thank all that came out to this COMP in the HEAT. It's club members like us that will make this club a Success.

THANK YOU.......

good times as always! felt really good getting back on the rocks after not crawling for well over a month,(not really it's all you guys I missed) and to all that put up with my bullshit thanks.

we REALLY need to do this at least once a month,I will see what I can do to pursuade the higher ups.
    WEST COAST ORIGINAL
    been here through thick and thin.

100 Post Club
    Who won the rock race!?

well............ If we don't count Jake W I won

thanks Matt for putting together this event and Jim for organizing and setting up the rock race it was all alot of fun and a big thanks to all who attended and dealt with the heat

It was a lot of frun.

Matt, Thank you for letting me try your crawler and teaching me how to use the Dig. I'm putting a Rock Crawler on my 'one of these days' wish list.

Here is a link to the photos I took:

http://westcoastrccrawlers.com/showt...ed=1#post15005

I'd like to hear the opinions of the course formats from the guys who made it out. Good or bad. In regards to the 15 gate setup.

Also did you guys like the rock race? What little time we had to run it anyway, and what could we do to make it funner?
    TEAM WCRCC

I'll start off ............. I think this format will work, courses were too easy........making it "FUNNER???..... I had a blast....THE FUN FACTOR was DEFINATELY there for me. Maybe comp and rock race might work better on their own days??????????????????????????? comp 1st weekend rock race 3rd weekend???????????????????????

Well I thought it was pretty fun having the easier courses and addittional bonus gates but am still a fan of the conventional course layout as well. I know we didnt stay for the rock race and didnt even get a chance to say good bye to everyone because we had to get back asap. I appologize for that and it makes this next statement sound "erronious" i like the idea of gettin the rock race in on the same day and will likely be easier once tbe weather allows us more day time course running. It makes it easier for the guys that come from outta town. Not sure how often we could mak it twice a month, and actually planning on breaking the scaler down and parting her out to fund a wraith project so we can participate in future rock races/ 2.2 fun!!
    Oh ya, Thats my driving!!

WCRCC Staff Volunteer Slowroller's Avatar
    It sounds like a hot good time, sorry I missed it. I got all the parts for my XR rebuild but didn't have the time to put it together. Two jobs came in back to back. After this week i will have it put back together. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the meeting next week.

Just my thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tapped-out View Post
    I'll start off ............. I think this format will work, courses were too easy........making it "FUNNER???..... I had a blast....THE FUN FACTOR was DEFINATELY there for me. Maybe comp and rock race might work better on their own days??????????????????????????? comp 1st weekend rock race 3rd weekend???????????????????????
    This is my first time seeing Rock Crawlers, so keeping it in that perspective and since I only own one "scaler," I was expecting the rock race to be less technical and more high speed racing. If you separate rock racing on it's own weekend maybe you could have two rock racing courses. However, it was nice to see both. Having both seems beneficial for those with longer drives (and can pack more punch into one weekend) who might only be able to make it out once a month.

To me, the rock race (and only the rock race) might be more fun if there was less crawling and more racing action.

I would have liked to see something for "scalers." There seems to enough room off to one side on a small outcropping for a mini scaler course. I'm thinking ten (10) gates max maybe even less (5-7) and a bonus gate or two.

In summary, the rock crawling part was good and could be made more challenging, since you guys make it look so easy. The rock race could have more racing action, and a mini scale course would be nice.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Trump1; 08-06-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: A few more comments.

I guess I can speak for the WHOLE sportsman class. I thought the "first-five" sportsman gates were about the right level of difficulty, and I liked being able to skip & choose which bonus lines to try. I also ran my mini over the 1st 5 and was able to make all of them, but fewer bonus lines.

I actually preferred last years separate event format that was self-contained with all course building and judging done by ourselves. But the class turnout isn't big enough for that format, so what you guys went to seems like a good way to go.

Great input. Originally I had wanted to run the Rock Race at the same time as the comp courses. Since it was bracket racing style I was going to put two guys head to head while they were standing around waiting in line for their turn at whatever course they were in line for. I think when we start the season and the comps are in the morning we will have plenty of time to run the rock race afterwards if we all wanted to do that. I personally would like to run them both on the same day. Mostly so the guys who have to drive so far can get a good amount of drive time.
    TEAM WCRCC

Thread Information